Programs > Brochure
NCP Mitsui Immersion Program - Gain unique insight of Japanese business culture
Tokyo, Japan (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Duration:||2 weeks||Level of Study:||Undergraduate|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Program Type:
|Short Term Program||UWA credit awarded on successful completion:||6 Points|
The Mitsui Immersion Program is funded by the Australian Government New Colombo Plan initiative and provides students with a unique insight into Japanese business culture. This intensive two week program develops participants’ understanding of Japanese and international business protocols, decision-making processes, and culture; as well as significantly deepening their cultural intelligence. Participants will visit multiple companies and Japanese industries, including the Toyota factory floor and Kimitsu Steel Mill. Selected students will join 6 students from the University of Technology Sydney as well as two 2018 NCP Japan scholars on the program.
What is included in the program?
• $3000 per student provided through the New Colombo Plan Funding Initiative
• Pre-departure functions
• Airport transfers
• All company visits, workshops and activities included in the program
• Entries for museums etc. included in the program
• Accommodation for the duration of the program
• All land transportation (private vehicles and public transport) in Japan
• Opening and closing receptions
• Student Travel Insurance through UWA’s Corporate Travel Insurance for the duration of the program
Program Dates: 1st - 12th July, 2019
- Students must be second year or above
- Students must have a WAM of 65 or above
- be an Australian Citizen
- be an undergraduate student
- Students should be between the ages of 18-28, students over this age bracket should contact the Global Learning Office
- not have received a New Colombo Plan Short Term Scholarship previously
- Must not hold dual Japanese/Australian citizenship/permanent residence held previously
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure orientation and function during the week 24th -28th June (date TBC)
- Students must all travel on the same flight (please do not book your flights until advised)
Credit: Students will receive 6 points credit for completing the program. Please see below for further details for specific disciplines.
How to Apply:
Arts and Business Students:
Students will be enrolled in the 6 credit point unit WILG2201. Please follow the steps carefully in the following 2 documents to ensure you are correctly enrolled in the unit. All Expressions of interest must be submitted by 11th March, 2019.
FABLE Application Process and Initial Steps.docx
More information on the requirements will be provided as you complete the above steps.
Science and Engineering students (including Science majors from Bachelor of Philosophy):
Students need to apply to be enrolled in the 6 credit point unit SCIE2205. See this website for details on how to apply. SCIE2205 applications for the Mitsui program must be submitted by 11th March, 2019. Please make it clear in your SCIE2205 cover letter that you are applying for the Mitsui program.
Students will be required to complete an online pre-placement module and have the Mitsui coordinator complete an evaluation. After the placement (during semester 2) students will be required to attend 6 lectures, workshops, complete a report and presentation in order to receive credit for the program.
All students are required to complete the appropriate steps for your faculty above and apply for the Mitsui Immersion Program through Global Studio. Apply by clicking the Apply Now button above.
Application deadline: Friday 1st March, 2019