Programs > Brochure
New Colombo Plan Scholarship Application
Bandung, Indonesia; Beijing, China; Busan, South Korea; Chennai, India; Dalian, China; Denpasar, Indonesia; Guangzhou, China; Hangzhou, China; Harbin, China; Hefei, China; Hong Kong, China; Jakarta, Indonesia; Kobe, Japan; Kyoto, Japan; Nagoya, Japan; Nanjing, China; Nishinomiya, Japan; Oita, Japan; Okayama, Japan; Osaka, Japan; Penang, Malaysia; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Sanur, Bali, Indonesia; Seoul, South Korea; Shaanxi, China; Shanghai, China; Shenzhen, China; Singapore, Singapore; Suzhou, China; Tainan, Taiwan; Taipei, Taiwan; Tianjin, China; Tokyo, Japan; Various, Indonesia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore; Xi'an, China; Xuzhou, China; Yogyakarta, Indonesia; (Outgoing Program)
Split Year (2 sems)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Academic Requirement:||70% WAM or above||Program Type:||Scholarship|
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia and strengthen people-to-people and institutional relationships, through study and internships undertaken by Australian undergraduate students in the region. Internships will be integral to the New Colombo Plan, with the aim of ensuring students are work ready, have professional connections in the region and can link their study experience directly to career opportunities.
The New Colombo Plan is intended to be transformational, deepening relationships with the region, both at the individual level and through expanding university, business and other stakeholder links. Over time, the Australian Government wants to see study in the Indo-Pacific region become a “rite of passage” for Australian undergraduate students, and as an endeavour that is highly valued across the Australian community.
The Australian Government has announced $100 million of funding over five years for the New Colombo Plan.
The maximum funding available through the NCP Scholarship to any one student is A$67,000 over 17 months (12 months of study and associated internship). Successful Scholarship recipients will also have access to range of overseas internships.
To be considered for this scholarship students must:
- Be undertaking a study abroad/exchange in the Indo-Pacific (full list of eligible countries here).
- Have a UWA average of at least 70%.
- Be an Australian citizen aged between 18 and 28 years on 1 January 2018.
- Be an Australian citizen electing to study in a country where you do not hold citizenship.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor's level program (including honours), during the overseas study period.
- Your exchange/study abroad program is one or two semesters in length and upon successful completion credit will be transferred back to your degree at UWA. You should speak to your allocated Course Advice Office about any overseas study plans, to ensure it can fit in your degree.
- Academic excellence, both graded and ungraded achievements (40% weighting).
- Leadership in community (30% weighting).
- Ability to adapt in new or changing environments and resilience (15% weighting).
- Ability to contribute to New Colombo Plan goals through the Scholarship Program (15% weighting).
Need help with the NCP application? New Colombo Plan Applications should be treated like a job application - the UWA Careers Centre can assist you to prepare a professional application based on your goals. You can schedule an appointment with a Careers Adviser through CareerHub.
Applications to be nominated by UWA for the 2018 NCP Scholarship are open now. Start an application using the 'Apply Now' button, and complete this by 11:59, Saturday 1st July, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
UWA will consider all complete applications meeting the prerequisites and results of the application will be released in July.The successful students will be nominated by UWA and submit applications to the Australian Government during August. Final decision on the NCP Scholarship recipients will be made by the Government.
If you wish to be considered for an NCP nomination while undertaking the UWA Student Exchange Program in 2018, you will need to lodge a separate exchange application for the same period via Global Studio, here, with your intended host institution as your first preference. Applications for exchange in Semester 1, 2018, are open now and due July 7th. Applications for exchange in Semester 2, 2018, will open in August and be due December 8th.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the scholarship.